Superior Court of Washington
County of Clark
In re the Marriage of: Mary Dempsey Williams Petitioner
And Arvil Dwain Williams
To the Respondent:
1. The petitioner has started an action in the above court requesting:
[ X] That your marriage be dissolved.
Additional request, if any, are stated in the petition, a copy of which is attached to this summons.
2. You must respond to this summons and petition by serving a copy of your written response on the person signing this summons and by filing the original with the clerk of the court. If you do not serve your written response within 20 days (or 60 days if you are served outside of the state of Washington) after the date this summons was served on you, exclusive of the day of service, the court may enter an order of default against you, and the court may, without further notice to you, enter a decree and approve or provide for the relief requested in the petition. In the case of a dissolution of marriage or domestic partnership, the court will not enter the final decree until at least 90 days after filing and service. If you serve a notice of appearance on the undersigned person, you are entitled to notice before an order of default or a decree may be entered.
3. Your written response to the summons and petition must be on form:
[x} WPF DR 01.0300 Response to Petition (Marriage).
4. This form may be obtained by contacting the clerk of the court at the address below, by contacting the Administrative Office of the Courts at (360) 705-5328, or from the Internet at the Washington State Courts Homepage: https://www.courts.wa.gov/forms
5. If this action has not been filed with the court, you may demand that the petitioner file this action with the court. If you do so, the demand must be in writing and must be served upon the person signing this summons. Within 14 days after you serve the demand, the petitioner must file this action with the court, or the service on you of this summons and petition will be void.
6. If you wish to seek the advice of an attorney in this matter, you should do so promptly so that your written response, if any, may be served on time.
7. One method of serving a copy of your response on the petitioner is to send it by certified mail with return receipt requested.
This summons is issued pursuant to RCW 4.28.100 and Superior Court Civil Rule 4.1 of the State of Washington. Dated: September 8, 2015. Signature of Petitioner or Lawyer/WSBA No. Mary Dempsey Williams. Print or Type Name: Mary Dempsey Williams. File original of your response with the clerk of the court at: Superior Court of Washington, P.O. Box 5000, Vancouver, WA 98666 Serve a copy of your response: Daniel V. Thorton, 2415 E. Mill Plain Blvd., #18, Vancouver, WA 9961.
Oct 2,9, 16,23,30 Nov 6