On Monday of this week, hundreds of Banfield Pet Hospital associates enjoyed their first day of work at the company’s new, state-of-the-art headquarters in Vancouver.
The 206,000-square-foot, three-story campus style facility is located near Southeast Mill Plain Rd. and Southeast 184th Ave. in Vancouver’s Columbia Tech Center.
Click through the slideshow below for a look at some of the building’s features including a dog ramp, community meeting room (rentable at no charge), dining area, dog bowl-inspired chandelier, adjustable desks (sit or stand), an open layout, Pendleton-patterned furniture, informal meeting areas, Wi-Fi-friendly outdoor workspaces and more.
Other facts about the building:
- 650 associates will be at the new office
- Around 175 dogs have had a behavior assessment so they can come to work at the new building (dogs will have their first day in the office on June 20)
- The building is 35 percent larger than the company’s former headquarters in Portland
- The new campus covers more than 17.5 acres
- Teams at the new headquarters include: our customer care call center, operations, legal, medicine, corporate affairs, IT, finance, people and organization (P&O), talent and learning, recruiting and marketing
- The new facility will also house the Banfield Foundation (the company’s nonprofit arm).
- A half-acre off-leash dog park will be open to the public and will include covered dog washing stations