New members are:
- Bob Carroll, business representative – IBEW Local Union 48
- Renny Christopher, vice chancellor for academic affairs – WSU Vancouver
- Traci Eshelman, HR manager – Thompson Metal Fab
- Kelley Foy, HR manager – Columbia Machine
- Cliff Glass, transportation manager – UNFI
- Keath Huff, systems engineer and account manager – Utilize I.T. Inc.
- Mike Lemmons, mortgage loan officer – Republic Mortgage Home Loans
- Michele Mulhern, vocational rehabilitation lead counselor – Dept. of Social and Health Services
- Denise Smith, chief operating officer – Rebound Orthopedics & Neurosurgery
- Paige Spratt, attorney – Immix Law Group PC
- Bruce Warrick, continuous improvement manager – Kapstone Paper
- Ed Barnes, Clark County Commissioner, serves on the Executive Board of County Commissioners
“Adding representatives from manufacturing, IT/software, construction, health care, finance and transportation/logistics to our council gives us greater insight into the training and hiring needs for these industries,” said John Vanderkin, SWWDC council chair, in a press release. “It’s important to have them at the table and we’re pleased they’re engaged in the workforce system.”
SWWDC has also made the following executive committee appointments: John Vanderkin, president of Employers Overload, as council chair; Angela Simmons, staff development specialist at iQ Credit Union, as vice chair; and Mindy Heuer, accountant at the Port of Kalama, as treasurer.
“We’re focusing additional resources on our region’s projected high-growth, high-demand industries to ensure employers have a pool of local talent from which to choose and residents have the skills they need to get the jobs of today and tomorrow,” said Jeanne Bennett, SWWDC executive director. “Improving skills of workers in these areas will support business growth and success and improve the regional economy.”
For more information about the SWWDC, visit http://swwdc.org.