iQ Credit Union has awarded $2,000 scholarships to five honor students pursuing undergraduate degrees or professional training.
Recipients were selected based on academic achievement, community service, a written essay and letters of recommendation.
Students receiving scholarships are:
- Calvin Taylor, Camas High School – plans to study biology at Stanford University
- Lilly Kovalenko, Camas High School – plans to study nursing at Clark College
- Katarina Kubiniec, Prairie High School – studies civil and environmental engineering at the University of Washington
- Kayla Cayton, Washougal – studies environmental health and pre-med at the University of Washington
- Adriana Valencia, Vancouver iTech Preparatory school – studies medicine at Washington State University Vancouver
“We’re honored to support educational excellence in our community,” said Kelly Schrader, president and CEO of iQ Credit Union, in a press release. “These students have distinguished themselves through service and academic excellence, and deserve recognition and congratulations for their accomplishments.”