- This event has passed.
So You Want a Bank Loan?
May 18 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
This SCORE seminar will walk you through the steps of how to prepare a commercial bank loan application.
Some takeaways from this seminar include:
- Understand how past credit history will impact a lending decision.
- How to calculate and articulate your specific lending need.
- Understand what bankers like to know about your business and learn beforehand if your company’s numbers will be “in the running” or not.
- A discussion of expected collateral requirements to support your loan request.
- Learn what alternatives to borrowing might exist and why borrowing might be the lowest cost form of additional capital for your business.
- Understand the role of the US Small Business Administration and how may they help you get the loan your business needs.
- You’ll learn about the variety of available “loan packages” that banks may choose from.
- Hear about the free, personalized mentoring services you can expect from local SCORE volunteers as you prepare a loan application.
This seminar is normally $35 per person but is being offered to our Business Community through the generosity of HAPO Community Credit Union. The $10 Registration Fee covers both the seminar and a light lunch provided by the sponsor.
Additionally, each attendee may later personally meet with a SCORE mentor, without cost, to review your loan preparation or address other business questions you may have. To assure a superior educational experience, registration is limited to 40 attendees so please register early.